? I hold an M. Pharm. and Ph.D. in Pharmacology degree from Premier Faculty of Pharmacy , Hamdard University, New Delhi-110062.
? I am a blend of Industry & Academia having sound working experiences in Medical & Scientific Writing and Academics (Pharmacology & Toxicology).
? Published 19 research/review articles in international/national journals of repute
I always endeavor to associate myself with premier academic institution and or pharmaceutical/healthcare organization where my skills and abilities could be best utilized to its full potential with an element of enhancement in knowledge for desired result.
I am always willing to learn, open to change and challenges, and have no trouble in adapting myself to various scenarios in the profession
Working with Unaizah College of Pharmacy, Qassim University, as a lecturer in Pharmacology & Toxicology.
? Lecturer (Dec, 2013-till date), Pharmacology & Toxicology, Unaizah College of Pharmacy, Qassim University, KSA
? Part time (Freelance) Medical writer for GCE Solutions Limited, India.
? Part time consulation services on medical and scientific writing and editing.
? Medical Writer (Assistant Manger) (2011-2013), Medical & Scientific Writing, Max Neeman International Limited (Now JSS Medical Research India, Pvt Ltd), Faridabad.
? Health Content Specialist, HealthLine24x7, Religare Technology Limited, Noida (India)
? Research Scholar (2008-2013), Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
? Lecturer (2010-2011) SD College of Pharmacy, Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh
? Lecturer (2007-2008) HIMT College of Pharmacy, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
? Lecturer (2006-2007) SD College of Pharmacy, Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh
Summary of Job in Teaching at Unaizah College of Pharmacy, Al-Qassim, Saudi Arabia:
? Teaching pharmacology & toxicology to undergraduate pharmacy students
? Supervising research and laboratory activities which involved teaching various experimental animals models of behavioral pharmacology such as animal models of epilepsy, schizophrenia, Parkinsonism, etc.
? Supervising various in vivo and in vitro experiments
? Coordinator of the departmental council
? Coordinator of the research committee of the college
? Coordinator for the fourth year examination of the college
? An active member of several administrative and academic bodies of the college which include college quality, program administration committee, information and e-learning and iformation technology committee.
Summary of Job in Clinical Research Organization:
1. Medical Writer (Assistant Manager), JSS Medical Research India Pvt. Ltd. (formerly Max Neeman International)., 6th Floor, Vatika Mindscapes Tower -B, Plot 12/2, Sector 27D Faridabad-121003 (Haryana), 17th October 2011 – 17 Nov, 2013.
? To write, edit, and review articles, manuscripts, abstracts, clinical protocols (including amendments), informed consent documents, clinical study reports, investigator brochures (IBs), slide sets, posters and many other document types
? To develop infrastructure documents (e.g. SOPs, style guidelines, and work instructions)
? To ensure and coordinate quality checks for accuracy, collates reviewers' comments, and prepares final documents
? Co-ordinate with sponsors and cross functional department to resolve the queries related to documents
? Maintain training compliance and adherence to applicable policies and procedures
2. Health Content Specialist, Religare Technologies Limited, Noida, U.P, India from 14Feb 2011 to 17th Oct, 2011.
? To write abstract on latest medical technologies and pharmacetical research
? To ensure SEO of the written health information content
? To post the health content on Helathline24x7.com
Spans over 10 years in Research & Academics including Industry (Medical & Scientific Writing)
Degree Board/ University Year
Ph. D. (Pharmacology) Hamdard University July, 2015
Master in Pharmacy (Pharmacology) Hamdard University June, 2006
Graduate Test in Engineering (Pharmaceutical Sciences): GATE-2004 Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi 2004
Bachelor in Pharmacy Hamdard University 2003
“Evaluation of Histamine H3 receptor ligands in Experimental models of Schizophrenia” Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Hamdard University, New Delhi
M. Pharm Project (June 2005- June 2006)
“Comparative Evaluation of Sertraline and Amitriptyline in Diabetic Neuropathy” Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Hamdard University, New Delhi
? Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)-2004with a score of 93.53 Percentile
? Research Fellowship from University Grant Commission (UGC) for a period of two years from 2004 to 2006
Professional skill sets:
? Sound knowledge of pharmacology & toxicology
? Expert in manuscript drafting, reviewing, and editing
? Use of graphs, tables, and figures to develop concise, compelling data presentation
? Knowledge of ICH and Indian guidelines and regulations
? Knowledge of American Medical Association Manual of Style
? Skilled in preparing power point presentations, slides, and posters for medical and scientific conferences
? Knowledge of E3, E6 (ICH-GCP) guidelines
? Knowledge of ICMJE, CONSORT, Good Publication Practices (GPP)-2, STROBE, PRISMA guidelines
? Knowledge of pharmacology & therapeutics of drugs with their action, indication, adverse effects, interaction with other drugs
? Experience in handling of preclinical animal models
Publications and Abstracts:
1. Mahmood D. Pleiotropic effect of melatonin. Drug Res (Stuttg). 2018 Jul 30. doi: 10.1055/a-0656-6643. [Epub ahead of print]
2. Mahmood D, Jahan K, Goswami D, Akhtar M. Histamine H3 receptor antagonists display antischizophrenic activities in rats treated with MK-801. J Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol. 2016;27(5):463-71.
3. Mahmood D. Histamine H3 receptor and its antagonism in schizophrenia: a current preclinical and clinical perspective. Int J Health Sci (Qassim). 2016;10(4):565-575
4. Mahmood D, Bala Y Muhammad et al. Advancing role of melatonin in the treatment of neuropsychiatric disorders. EJBAS., 2016; 3(3): 203-18
5. Mahmood D, Khanam R, Pillai KK, Jahan K, Goswami D, Akhtar M. The Effect of Subchronic Dosing of Ciproxifan and Clobenpropit on Dopamine and Histamine Levels in Rats. Journal of Experimental Neuroscience. 2015; 9: 73–80.
6. Mahmood D and Akhtar M. Anti-schizophrenic activities of histamine H3 receptor antagonists in rats treated with MK-801. Journal of Pre-Clinical Clinical Research 2015, 9(1),11-17
7. Mahmood D. Management of Residual Cardiovascular Risk in Dyslipidaemic Patient with Metabolic Syndrome. General Med 2015, 3:1
8. Mahmood D. A case report of dyslipidemia management in new-onset type 2 diabetic patient. Clin Case Rep Rev, 2015; 1(2): 37-39.
9. Mahmood D, Siddique A. A case report of the management of residual cardiovascular risk in a dyslipidaemic patient with metabolic syndrome. Heart Res Open J. 2015; 2(1): 3538
10. Mahmood D, Jahan K, Khalilullah H. Primary prevention with statins in cardiovascular diseases: A Saudi Arabian Perspective. Journal of Saudi Heart Association. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jsha.2014.09.004
11. Jamir M, Muhammad BY, Bader AA, Abdulghani M, Mahmood D, Haider M, An insight into the scientific background and future perspectives for the potential uses of melatonin. EJBAS., 2015;2(3): 139-18
12. Khalilullah H, Khan MU, Mahmood D, Akhtar J, Osman G. 1,3,4-Thiadiazole: A biologically active scaffold. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2014; 6(9)
13. Mahmood D, Khanam R, Pillai KK, Akhtar M. Protective effects of Histamine H3 receptor ligands in schizophrenic behaviors in experimental models. Pharmacological Reports, 2012;64(1),191-204
14. Mahmood D, Khanam R, Pillai KK, Akhtar M. Reversal of oxidative stress by histamine H3 receptor-ligands in experimental models of schizophrenia. Arzneimittelforschung (drug research), 2012,62(5),222-9.
15. Mahmood D, Akhtar M, Vohora D, Khanam R. Comparison of antinociceptive and antidiabetic effects of sertraline and amitriptyline on streptozocin-induced diabetic rats. Human and Experimental Toxicology, 2010, 29(10), 881-886.
16. Mahmood D, Singh BK, Akhtar M. Diabetic neuropathy: therapies on the horizon. Journal of Pharmacy Pharmacology, 2009, 61(9), 1137-45.
17. Jahan K, Mahmood D, Fahim M. Effect methanol in blood pressure and heart rate in rats. Journal of pharmacy and Bioallied Sciences 205;7:60-64.
18. Rana S, Poddar A, Mittal V, Sabath SK, Mahmood D. Change in pulse rate with Enviro Chip and dummy chip fixed radiation emitting devices like Mobile Phones /Computers / Laptops of users- a double blind crossover study. Journal of Biomedical Science and Engineering (JBISE), 2013, 6(8), 805-11. (DOI: 10.4236/jbise.2013.68098)
19. Mirza MA, Agarwal SP, Mahmood D, Anwer MK, Iqbal Z. Comparative Evaluation of Humic Substances in Oral Drug Delivery. Results in Pharma Sciences, 2011, 1, 16-26.
20. Rashikh A, Najmi AK, Akhtar M, Mahmood D, Pillai KK, Ahmad SJ. Protective effects of aliskiren in doxorubicin-induced acute cardiomyopathy in rats. Human and Experimental Toxicology, 2010, 30(2), 102-9.
21. Hozaifa H, Maymoona A, Wasim A, Ali I, Zaheen M, Ahsan I, Mahmood D. Design and synthesis of novel N-substituted-3-chloro-2-azetidinone derivatives as potential anticonvulsant agents. Medicinal Chemistry and Research (DOI: 10.1007/s00044-010-9485-0).
1. Liver disease forum, organized Saudi Charity for Liver Patients, 3rd Dec, 2017, at Movenpick Hotel in Buraidah.
2. DM Foot Care Symposium Buraidah Saudi Arabia, October 14, 2017, at Movenpick Hotel in Buraidah.
3. Dubai International Pharmaceutical and Technologies Conference & Exhibition (DUPHAT-2015 ):8 to 10 March, 2015. CME Credit: 18 Hours (Awarded by Ministry of Health, UAE) & 23.5 Hours by The Society of Hospital Pharmacist Association of Australia (SHPA)
4. Participated in Patient Safety Forum Organzed by King Saud Bin Abdul Aziz University For Health Sciences, 15 to 17 April, 2014. CME Credit: 16 Hours
1. Mahmood D, Habibullah K, Masih K. Role of Histamine Dubai International Pharmaceutical and Technologies Conference & Exhibition (DUPHAT-2015 ):8th to 10th March, 2015.
2. Mahmood D, Akhtar M, Khanam R. Histamine H3 receptor (H3R): a new frontier in schizophrenia. Epilepsy: Recent advances in drug discovery & treatment. 13th Feb, 2010, Jamia Hamdard University.
3. Mahmood D, Akhtar M, Khanam R. Histamine H3 receptor (H3R) in schizophrenia: a new therapeutic horizon. Joint international conference of International society for heart Research & International Academy of Cardiovascular Sciences. 3rd and 4th Feb, 2010. Delhi Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research University.
4. Mahmood D, Akhtar M, Khanam R. Comparative Evaluation of sertraline and amitriptyline on diabetic neuropathy in rats. 21st and 22nd Mar, 2009. AICTE sponsored National Seminar on Emerging Trends in Pharmaceutical Sciences.
? Working knowledge of MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint), Internet and various operating systems, Scientific Literature Search using PUBMED, Google Scholar, PUBMED CENTRAL, EMBASE, etc
Dr. B Y Muhummad, PhD
Dept of Pharmacology & Toxicology
Unaizah College of Pharmacy
Qassim , Saudi Arabia
Email: email@example.com Dr. Gunjan Agarwal, PhD
911, DLF Tower B
Jasola Vihar, New Delhi
Phone: +91-11-41069686Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Mohd. Akhtar, PhD
Dept of Pharmacology
New Delhi, India
I, Danish Mahmood, solemnly affirm that the information provided herein is true to the best my knowledge.
Date: Place: Al-Qassim,Saudi Arabia